domingo, 21 de marzo de 2010

A United States Visit

After spending two weeks in the U.S. I wanted to share with you a little bit of my trip. The main reason that I went home is that I was a bridesmaid in a wedding. The wedding took place on top of Jockey's Ridge, the largest sand dune on the east coast of the US. We were really lucky because it rained all day before the wedding, but it cleared up just in time for a beautiful outdoor ceremony. Here is a picture of the bridal party after the wedding.


During the weeks I spent a lot of time with my family and friends that I haven't seen since I came to Spain. It was really good to see everyone, but somewhat stressful as well, because there just wasn't enough time to see everyone!

March 17 was Saint Patrick's Day, a day where we celebrate everything Irish. Its good luck to wear green on Saint Patrick's Day and its tradition that if you don't wear green someone can pinch you....I'm not very fond of this tradition. I celebrated St. Patrick's Day by going to a small concert. The first performers were local bluegrass enthusiasts. Bluegrass is a type of country music that usually includes instruments such as the guitar, the mandolin, the bass, and the banjo.

After they finished playing, a guitarist named Stephen Bennett played. He was amazing! Sometimes I couldn't even tell how he was playing all the notes his fingers moved so fast. He played 5 different types of guitars during the show. I have a couple of videos for you but I'm having trouble uploading them, so here are a few pictures in their place.


16 comentarios:

  1. it's nice to hear from you and that you've had a really amazing trip.
    All that time i went out with my friends during the weekends and the rest of the time i have been studying a lot because i have had all my final exams and i still very stressful because i haven't finish them yet.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. A wedding in a desert? Awesome! I've never been in a desert...

    I went last weekend with a friend to a Resort in Galicia. It was a great experience too...

    Hope you had fun!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. We think that is fantastic go to weddings and more if the wedding was in a dune, is beautiful and so romantic. Last week we were doing exams.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. ooooooooh!that's fantastic. I think that you have had a good time and I hope that you could tell things about us in your home.

    I have been studing because I have a lot of exams and I went to play a basketball match with my team.
    The next friday I am going to go to london and I hope I will have a good time there.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. We think that your holidays was fantastic, but while you were in U.S.A, we were here doing a lot of exams.It's not so funny!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Incredible!I'm glad that you had fun.

    I the last days I was just studying, so this week it was very boring, but when the exams finish I will go to my village with my friend.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I am happy that you had fun.
    this weekend I went skiing and I had to study for an exam

    ResponderEliminar
  8. We think that is a original form to celebrate a wedding and place was wonderful. We was doing exams all the week and we haven't done yet.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. it is funny because the guitare boy is crazy i am happy for you and i have been playing football and i had a good time

    ResponderEliminar
  10. We have had stressful weeks because we have done a lot of exams and we had like go to a interesting wedding who you.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. the gtar boy is very fnny!! because he is very crazy!old thought i couldn't see his because i wa s very esstresed!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  12. I think a very original way to celebrate a wedding.

    in the last days I have done many things, but any good one

    ResponderEliminar
  13. The text is about a woman who have to travel to the USA, her home, beacause she is the bridesmaid of a wedding. She spend there two weeks. During her time in the USA, she goes to visit her family and friends and celebrate St.Patrick's day, an Irish festival were she assist to a Bluegrass concert, where Stephen Bennett, a fantastic guitarist play five different guitars.

    -------------------------

    My last two weeks were busy, stresfull... as usual in this time, but Easter is near friends, be strong!!.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Oh! it's amazing and interesnting trip.
    It's interesting Saint Patrick's Day.
    I have been studing because I have a lot of exams and I went to cinema and party with my friends.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. it's great that you've had so much fun.
    On the contrary we have been studying a lot these days, so we really need holydays.

    ResponderEliminar
  16. San Patrick´s day?

    I hear something about the parties wich people usually celebrates on that day... I think you´re so lucky for living in a country like USA, because here that day is like the others. Although I celebrated it by miself and I enjoyed a lot. However this week is being so stressful for me because of the exams

    ResponderEliminar